Donate to a Project
One-time Still Needed
Days to Go
Join us for the first annual Kings River Smallmouth Shootout, sponsored by Mclellan’s!
Date: Saturday, June 24, 2023
Time: TBD: Roughly 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Location: Kings River Outfitters in Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Registration Cost: $100/team, or $50/person (team entry recommended)
Gear: Participants will need to provide their own gear/boat. Canoes can be rented through Kings River Outfitters.
1. There will be 2 “Brackets”
a. One-Fly (primary tournament): Everyone begins their day in the one-fly bracket
i. When an angler loses their fly, they can no longer count fish length towards their one-fly score
b. Consolation Bracket: Upon losing their chosen one-fly, an angler may use any fly they have
i. At this point the teams one-fly score is final
ii. The team will then begin a new score for the consolation bracket
2. Score is an aggregate of the length of the top 4 fish for the team E.g. if the boats biggest 4 fish are 16, 15, 14.5, and 14 inches, the team score is 59.5
3. Fish will need to be photographed in the water, with clear photo of measurement (your fishing partner will probably have to take the picture for you)
4. Top Teams in each brackets will win amazing prizes
1. Only signup once as a team
2. Click “donate” at the top of this page
3. In the notes section: Include all participants being paid for and a team name for the tournament. Please do not sign up multiple times for one team
More details to be provided on the Fayetteville, AR Mayfly Project Facebook Page!
The children that participate in our projects learn all of the basics of fly fishing, join in our conservation initiative efforts, and receive 1:1 mentor ratio
at our 5 TMP outings. When the project is completed, each child receives their own curriculum, specialized buttons for participating in the program, fly rod setup, and all the gear they need to continue to pursue fly fishing. Our project has a short-term and long-term impact on the lives of the children in our program--they get to take a break from worrying about life in foster care, but they also are learning new coping mechanisms, building a positive connection with the outdoors, and improving their self-esteem through fly fishing successes. Our goal is to be able to provide these specialized opportunities for children in foster care in this community.
There are no updates at this time.
There are no backers at this time.